Every October Dilico Anishinabek Family Care organizes their annual Step Up campaign in Thunder Bay and District. This year, Dilico is hoping to inspire Indigenous youth to Find Their Voices and raise awareness about how the community can step up to help keep children safe and strengthen families.
Throughout the month, residents, businesses, schools, individuals and families, can come together to show their willingness to take responsibility for the safety, happiness and health of local children by participating in the Step Up community initiatives.
- Participate in Dress Purple Day on October 27th! Find your favourite purple outfit. Take photos or videos of your staff, family, and students in purple and share them on Facebook and Instagram with #StepUpTBay and tagging @stepupThunderBay. Photos can also be submitted to: email@example.com
- Wear a purple ribbon
- Participate in the Step Up Scavenger Hunt
- Order your copy of How I Found My Voice for $15 at the link below. Take a pic of you reading it and tag us!
- Attend one of our local book readings to hear the story from our author or a cultural leader! A schedule of dates can be found below.
- Educate yourself. Learn the signs of child abuse and how you can help.
- Find Your Voice: Print out our colouring page here and draw or write what helps you find the courage to speak up for yourself and others. Is it your friends? Family? Culture? Traditions? Yourself? Children and youth are also encouraged to write what the community can do to Step Up and make them feel connected, safe and hopeful for their future. Take a photo of your picture share it on your socials with hashtag #StepUpTBay and tagging @StepUpThunderbay. You can also post it in your window or classroom for the month.
- Ask yourself, “What am I doing to support children and youth in my community?”
- Donate to the Mazinaajim Children’s Foundation. Mazinaajim supports Indigenous youth to achieve their dreams.
- ARE YOU A TEACHER? Check out the ways your class and students can step up and participate in this year’s campaign.
If you have concerns about a child, please call:
Dilico Anishinabek Family Care
Toll Free: 1-855-623-8511
Emergency service 24 hours a day
Purchase your book here
*For bulk ordering, or if you need out of town shipping, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
*We will contact you when your order is ready for pickup.