Dilico Anishinabek Family Care offers a wide range of nursing services to our communities and individuals. If you see a Dilico staff wearing a purple shirt, please ask them about what we can offer you. The following are some of the services and nursing supports you can access:
Diabetes Management and Education
At Dilico, we provide a range of community-based care and support services for people living with diabetes of every type and at every stage.
Let us help you manage the challenges of living well with diabetes.
- Help making healthy food choices
- Support to live an active lifestyle including self-care, physical activity and fall management
- Basic and advanced foot care
- Help to identify and manage diabetes symptoms and causes
- Advice for diabetes self-management including checking blood glucose
- Assistance with medications and treatment.
Home Care Case Management
Advanced foot care includes: Minor foot surgical procedures, assessing and designing custom orthotics, and other services offered by our in-house Chiropodist, a highly trained medical practitioners trained to treat injuries and other afflictions with the feet and lower limbs.
Making safe and responsible sexual health choices is essential to overall healthy living. Dilico provides free sexual health education and support services to individuals, couples and groups.
Our services focus on building respectful and positive sexual relationships and teach people about caring for their physical and mental wellness.