Why should YOU choose Dilico?
- Optional Hybrid work schedule
- Optional Flexible schedule to support work-life balance
- OMERS Pension plan available to all employees
- Competitive salaries
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid time off at Christmas above paid vacation time
- EFAP available to all employees and their families
- Benefit plan that includes dental, healthcare, and vision services
- A chance to make a difference in the community
Positions available: 1 – Permanent Full Time
Closing date: March 5, 2024
The Family Wellness Worker will provide guidance and support to families in order to promote safety, success and well-being for families. The Family Wellness Worker is responsible to work with families that require additional support and guidance in order to maintain family unity or reunification in a manner that respects and incorporates the concept of family centered, culturally appropriate, and community-based care. The Family Wellness Worker will complete kinship searches to facilitate permanency with the intended outcome to prevent admission to care and to expedite the return of the children recently placed in care. The Family Wellness Worker is responsible for providing the protection of children by performing duties of Intake, Protection, and Emergency after Hours, and Kinship as required, in accordance with Provisions of Dilico Anishinabek Family Care’s Mikinaak Service Model, the Child, Youth and Family Services Act, Ministry Regulations and Standards, and Dilico Anishinabek Family Care policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A minimum post-secondary education
- Preference in area of Indigenous Studies or related Human Services diploma with a minimum 3 year of experience in community-based models
- A combination of skills, education, and life learning specific to traditional knowledge may be considered
- An individual who is of Anishinabe ancestry with understanding, practice and sharing of Anishinabe history, culture, traditions, ceremonies and values is preferred
- A minimum two years experience with Anishinabek children, youth, individuals, families and communities
- A satisfactory Criminal Records Check, Vulnerable Sector Search
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Travel regularly and to act on an “on-call” basis
- Valid Class “G” Driver’s license
- Access to a reliable, personal vehicle
- $1,000,000 liability vehicle insurance
- Candidates without the specific education qualifications and who possess an appropriate combination of experience and other academic qualifications will also be considered
Hours of work:
32.5 hours per week
$30.18 – $39.38 per hour
Click Here for Full Job Description
If you experience issues with our online application system please apply directly at email@example.com the competition number must be quoted in the email subject line.
Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Dilico is committed to diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Dilico gives preference to Anishinabek people.
Post expires at 3:00pm on Tuesday March 5th, 2024