Why should YOU choose Dilico?
- Optional Hybrid work schedule
- Optional Flexible schedule to support work-life balance
- OMERS Pension plan available to all employees
- Competitive salaries
- Generous paid vacation time for Permanent employees
- Paid time off at Christmas above paid vacation time
- EFAP available to all employees and their families
- Benefit plan that includes dental, healthcare, and vision services for Permanent employees
- A chance to make a difference in the community
Positions available: 1 – Up to 12 Months Contract
Closing Date: March 5, 2024
Under the direction of the Home and Community Care Manager, the Home and Community Care Nurse carries out a community based home care service as outlined by the Home and Community Care Program Policies and Procedures for Fort William, Ginoogaming, Long Lake #58, Michipicoten, Pays Plat, Pic Mobert, Red Rock, Biinjitiwaabik Zaaging, and Whitesand First Nations Communities. The Home and Community Care Nurse Care is responsible for assisting clients and their support systems in maintaining the highest possible level of independence and functioning in the least restrictive environment within a rural community setting. The Home and Community Care Nurse conducts comprehensive clinical assessments, assists in the development of service plans, works with professional and paraprofessional services, monitors services provided, reassesses clients routinely and plans for discharge. The Home and Community Care Nurse are responsible for implementing the above responsibilities in a cost-effective and integrated manner. The Home and Community Care Nurse may assist in the support and/or orientation of professional contracted staff and Community and Personal Support Services staff to ensure the effective coordination and delivery of client focused services within a continuous quality improvement environment. Home and Community Care Nurses promote the mission and philosophy of Dilico Home and Community Care Services and assist with program planning and development, resource utilization management, continuing education, quality assurance, and risk management throughout the catchment area, to ensure that the daily operations and coordination of service delivery staff meet the goals and objectives of the Agency.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A four-year BScN degree
- Knowledge and understanding of First Nation health concerns and issue
- The ability to apply knowledge and skill in the development and implementation of programs to address identified needs
- The ability to establish and sustain a multidisciplinary team approach to integrated service delivery
- The ability to apply ethics of Nursing practice in decision making
- The willingness to adapt to the changing demands of the position
- The ability to demonstrate initiative, optimism, discretion, tact, self-assurance, dependability, and leadership; excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including proficiency in computer applications, especially Microsoft Office
- Problem-solving and leadership skills
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and be an example of professionalism, as identified by Dilico
- Satisfactory Criminal Records and Vulnerable Sector Search
- Travel is essential to the First Nation communities serviced by Dilico Health Services
- The ability to work flexible hours as determined by the Unit Manager or designate in relation to service delivery requirements
- Must have a valid CPR and Standard First Aid certificate
- As a regulated health care provider, must provide evidence of registration with the appropriate regulatory bodies (CNO & RNAO)
- Must possess a valid G Driver’s License and access to a reliable personal vehicle
Hours of Work:
32.5 per week
$34.78 to $45.37 per hour
Click here for the full job description.
If you experience issues with our online application system please apply directly at firstname.lastname@example.org the competition number must be quoted in the email subject line.
Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Dilico is committed to diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Dilico gives preference to Anishinabek people.
Post expires at 3:00pm on Tuesday March 5th, 2024