Join Dilico Anishinabek Family Care and help fill over 600 Christmas Wish bags for deserving babies, children and youth this holiday season.
There are three ways to participate in the 2020 Christmas Wish campaign:
1. Sponsor a bag: Sponsor a Christmas Wish bag and let the Dilico elves fill it for you. Donation levels include $50 and $100.
2. Pick up your very own wish bag to fill: This year, there will be limited bags available for pickup at the following Starbucks location: Starbucks - Arthur Street Marketplace- 1165 Arthur St W.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What should go in a Christmas Wish bag?
Take a look at your Christmas Wish Profile. It should include the age, clothing size and interests of the child. We recommend you shop for essential items, toys or gift cards to fill the wish bag according to the Christmas Wish profile tag. The tag should highlight the child’s age, interests and clothing size.
Gift suggestions include: learning and art supplies, books, socks, tooth brush, mitts, hat, sweater.
*Please do not wrap your gifts. You are welcome to include a card with a special Christmas Wish message. We ask that you do not include candy.
2. Why don’t I have a red Christmas Wish bag?
Because of COVID-19, we are not providing the official wish bag to everyone participating this year. So please bring your items in a shopping bag. Make sure to label your shopping bag(s) with your profile number. This can be done by writing it on a piece of paper and placing it inside the bag. You can also staple it to the bag.
The Dilico elves will transfer your items into a red Christmas Wish bag for you.
3. Where do I drop off the items for my Christmas Wish profile?
Wish bag items can be dropped off at Dilico Heath Park Site at 1115 Yonge Street, Monday to Friday between 9:00 am - 4:30 pm. Upon arrival please go to the “Day Treatment Entrance”, located off of Yonge Street.Call (807) 624-5818 and let the Dilico Head Elf know you have arrived. The bag can then be brought to the door for drop off. They will check your profile number.
4. Where do I drop off my filled wish bag?
Filled Christmas Wish bags can be dropped off at Dilico Heath Park Site at 1115 Yonge Street. Upon arrival please go to the “Day Treatment Entrance”, located off of Yonge Street.
Call (807) 624-5818 and let the Dilico Head Elf know you have arrived. The bag can then be brought to the door for drop off. They will check your profile number.
5. How much should I spend on items for my Christmas Wish bag?
This is completely up to you. We appreciate any donation that is contributed.
Generally people spend anywhere between $35 to $150 on filling a bag.
6. I made a Wish bag request online but haven't received a response yet. Did you get my request?
Thank you for your request. Our elves are working very hard to get Wish profiles to you. If you do not receive a response 48 hours after your request, please call the Elf Line at: (807) 767-4443 Ext 223
ALL ITEMS AND WISH BAGS ARE DUE BACK BY MONDAY, DECMEBER 7th 2020.