Diabetes health services provide in-home and community based services committed to clients who require diabetes education for prevention of diabetes and for individuals diagnosed with pre-diabetes, type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes or gestational diabetes.
Diabetes/chronic health services provide services such as:
· Diabetes pathophysiology
· Foundations for diabetes self-management
· Changes across the lifespan
· Lifestyle (Nutrition management, physical activity, pharmacotherapy)
· Self-monitoring of blood glucose
· Advanced foot care
· Basic foot care
Who can use the Diabetes and Chronic Disease Management Program?
In order to be eligible for Diabetes Health Services, the client must be:
• A resident in any of the communities: Fort William, Red Rock (Lake Helen), Biinjitiwaabik Zaaging Anishinaabek (Rocky Bay), Pays Plat, Whitesand, Long Lake #58, Ginoogaming, Pic Mobert or Michipicoten
• A child residing off-reserve in the care of Dilico or client’s receiving care or services of Dilico
• Individuals receiving care or services with Dilico.
How do I access Diabetes and Chronic Disease Management Services?
The Diabetes Educator receives and screens all incoming referrals, verbal and written to determine client eligibility. Referrals can be made by any Dilico employee or individual self-referrals.